Practical challenges in developing radar algorithm pipeline for ADAS applications
Join us on-
Date & time: 9th July 2020, at 12:00 PM EST
Radar is gaining tremendous traction in automotive solutions primarily due to the rising importance of safety solutions in passenger and commercial vehicles. It is one of the cost effective sensors widely used along with camera sensors for automotive ADAS application. Several ADAS functions such as blind spot detection, adaptive cruise control, park assist, surround view, cross traffic alert and others rely on radar sensing to make decisions. However, building radar algorithm pipeline is riddled with several challenges. This webinar sheds light on basic radar system for automotive ADAS with insights on challenges that needs to be addressed in development of the radar system.
What you will learn in this webinar?
- An introduction to mmwave radar technology for ADAS applications
- Overview of radar algorithms and a typical radar algorithm pipeline
- Challenges in developing radar algorithm pipeline for various use-cases
- Differentiating between closely present objects : angular accuracy & range resolution
- Road reflections, ghost paths and other clutter in radar data
- Object detection in close rages due to antenna coupling
- Self-localization, noise immunity and many more
- Practical examples of how these challenges can be addressed, using real-life examples and scenarios
Who should attend?
Technical engineering and product management folks who are interested in or are already building radar-based automotive solutions
Santhana Raj is a signal processing expert with more than 12 years of experience in the area, catering to industrial, safety-critical and automotive applications. His contribution in the architecture and algorithm design of Radar Signal processing algorithms at PathPartner has been pivotal