Smart Parking Solution using LoRaWAN
Hunting for a parking space has become a prime issue in urban areas. Alongside causing unnecessary traffic congestion, unavailability or unawareness of parking spaces has a major repercussion on fuel wastage.
As a solution to curb this issue impacting nearly every major city of the world, a number of enterprises have already deployed or are in the process of deploying an efficient IoT based smart parking system in their premise. Through such systems, the drivers looking for a parking space in the vicinity would be notified of any vacant spot.
LoRaWAN, which is designed to enable devices with power limitations to connect with internet-powered applications over long-range wireless connections is a preferred choice for a Smart Parking Solution, because of the following reasons –
- It provides a long-range of 10-30 kms.
- It consumes low-power with a battery lifetime of 15-20 years.
- It can support millions of messages per gateway.
- It provides privacy protection against intrusion due to usage of AES-128 algorithm.
- It doesn’t require GPS for tracking applications.
This video showcases, PathPartner’s Smart Parking Solution using LoRaWAN, demonstrating a working demo and technical specifications.
Relevant Expertise –