Over the years, an exponential growth in density of gates from thousands to millions has led to greater complexity in chip design. In this unprecedented rise of logic density, FPGA and ARM-based FPGA systems have been designed to achieve higher throughput with extensive features of re-programmability, faster prototyping, and simpler design cycles. Owing to lower non-recurring engineering (NRE) costs, realizing small to medium volume products on FPGA has become an ongoing trend.
Keeping up with the trend, major FPGA companies are focused on developing software tools for FPGA programming directly from C coding; thereby making FPGA a compelling proposition for almost any type of design.
PathPartner’s Software-defined FPGA Design Services are characterized to deliver end-to-end system integration solutions from research, development, design to testing for any type of design requirements. Realizing designs on FPGA necessitates competencies in every stage of the FPGA development cycle.
We address the same through our capabilities in FPGA Development and System Level Development services which include:
FPGA Development Services:
- Architecture/specification Definition
- RTL Coding
- Code conversion of designs between Verilog and VHDL
- Development of custom IP and Integration of Standard IP into system
- Synthesis and implementation optimizations for FPGAs
- Verification of design through test bench development at RTL and Post-synthesis level
- Board-level Debugging & Validation
System Level Development Services:
- Hardware Software partitioning (ARM and FPGA Logic)
- Implementation of AXI Interconnect for fast and accurate data flow
- Optimal data movement between Hardware and Software (Data flow design between PS and PL)
- FPGA interface with DSP chipsets
- Hardware design functionality consuming optimal cycles and hardware resources
- Porting your algorithms and RTL designs to FPGA based compute units on leading cloud platforms
The PathPartner Advantage
Ahead of the curve: Given the ubiquity of FPGA, it is now possible to describe the functionality of FPGA systems using C. As a proponent of FPGA, our involvement in engineering FPGA solutions has been extensive. We have a pool of experienced designers, adept in both C and Verilog/VHDL. We have worked on projects involving as large as one-million gate designs, multi-clock domain, hybrid design implementation on Xilinx’s all programmable SoC and Altera’s SoC FPGA.
Platforms and tools:
- Xilinx ISE, Vivado, SDK
- Altera Quartus
- Simulators: Modelsim, NC Verilog and VCS
- Advanced Synthesis Tool: Vivado’s HLS
- Debugging tools : Xilinx’s Chipscope Pro and Altera’s Signal Tap Analyzer
- Applications: Bare-metal and Linux OS