BSP & Device Drivers
Seamless integration of Board Support Package (BSP) and device drivers across multiple OS is critical to overall system performance including boot time and power optimization. With an understanding of the system architecture, and variation in number of peripherals, an efficient BSP can greatly reduce the footprint, thereby lowering the system cost.
PathPartner has in-depth expertise in Board Support Package (BSP) development, device driver integration and system performance improvement on SoCs from major semiconductor companies.
We also offer a host of services for the following:
Operating Systems: Android, Embedded Linux, RTOS
Device driver: Camera, Graphics, LCD, Touch, HDMI, Audio, NAND, eMMC, SDIO, MMC/SD Card, SATA, Gigabit Ethernet, GPS, WLAN, WiFi, Bluetooth and USB
Embedded Linux and Android BSP:
- Boot loader customization
- Driver development
- Kernel migration, profiling and testing
- Frameworks: QT, GTK, X11, DirectFB, ALSA, V4L2
- Tools: Yocto, LTP, OpenTest, CTS
We optimize device boot time keeping application specific requirement into consideration. We do a thorough system performance analysis and optimization. We explore each software/hardware block, understand and modify the design and optimize the time taken by different blocks in achieving the target boot time. Our service offerings include:
- Optimization of all layers: xloader, u-boot, kernel
- Application specific optimization
- OS platforms: Android, Embedded Linux
- Cold boot and Snapshot boot
PathPartner’s expertise comes with extensive experience in reducing power consumption for various use cases.
We offer the following capabilities:
- Kernel level optimizations of Linux, Android and other Operating systems.
- In-depth understanding of hardware platforms from major SoCs companies
- Power profiling of peripherals
- High performance data throughput with driver optimisation
The PathPartner Advantage
Performance milestones achieved at PathPartner
- Linux Boot time less than 2 seconds
- Android Boot time less than 4 seconds
- Power optimization 1080p 30fps encoding for upto 3 hours for 1900 mAh battery.