Camera sensors supporting both RGB and IR feed are the new wave in the cabin monitoring application. This opens up the opportunity to utilize IR for machine vision and RGB for human vision application such as video conferencing. How ever most existing ISPs do not support RGB-IR. PathPartner supports leading ISPs with our proprietary pre processing algorithm for RGB-IR sensors.
PathPartner’s preprocessing algorithm for RGB-IR pixel array effectively does the extraction of RGB pixels and IR pixels separately and enables the ISP pipeline to enhance the image quality independently. The algorithm also takes care of removing the interference of IR on RGB data. These independently enhanced images (RGB and IR) enable the user to work on human vision and machine vision applications simultaneously.
RGB IR key features:
- Efficient 2x2 bayer pattern and IR full resolution reconstruction from combined 4x4 RGB-IR pixel array
- Customization available for any sensor pixel array dimension
- Calibration based recovery of accurate colors of RGB contaminated with NIR (cross talk between IR and RGB because of dual band filter allowing visible and NIR)
- Efficient interpolation for recovering resolution (lost due to reduced R and B in place of IR)
- Efficient color separation modules optimized for DSPs
- Customization available for 2x2 RGB-IR pixel array
- Can work with proprietary sensor modes to support RGB and IR without IR illumination
Platform's: Texas Instruments, Qualcomm