BANGALORE, India, December 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
An optimized and high quality image capture solution for smartphones, tablets and other camera-based devices
PathPartner Technology, a leading provider of embedded multimedia software services and solutions, announces the availability of licensable HDR algorithm for image capture. HDR aims at adding more "dynamic range" to photographs; here dynamic range is the range between the lightest and darkest areas of an image.
The algorithm supports de-ghosting to compensate motion. The HDR algorithm is highly optimized for ARM and DSP architectures to enable fast shot to shot delay.
Key features of PathPartner's HDR Algorithm:
- Generates a high dynamic intensity range image from a bracket of three different exposures. This dynamic range closely approximates that of the human eye, far surpassing what a camera sensor is capable of in a single click. Effectively, this means the darkest and brightest areas in the image are rendered clearly irrespective of their pixel areas; this is something missed by auto exposure
- Virtual Tripod effect - Perfect image alignment for compensating user hand shake during image capture
- De-ghosting option- Motion of subjects in the scene while the differently exposed images are being captured causes ghosting aberrations, which is eliminated intelligently through the de-ghosting algorithm.
- Supports dynamic exposure value determination based on scene illumination
- Supports multiple post processing effects to suit the scene mood
- Full resolution support on any of the Android based devices
- Algorithm optimized for ARM NEON based multi-core processors using multi-threaded implementation for faster on-device HDR processing
This HDR algorithm is implemented in our latest Android app ppinng!HDR which is a camera application for taking real HDR photos.
OEMs looking for licensing of this solution can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
About PathPartner: PathPartner Technology based out of California, USA and Bangalore, India is focused on providing products and services for rich media devices. PathPartner Tech has rich experience in Technology, Engineering & Business practices focusing on audio/video/image codecs, Hardware designs, FPGA designs, video analytics and vision, Imaging, system integration involving media centric devices. We offer system solutions and services for multimedia centric embedded devices
For more information visit: https://www.pathpartnertech.com
SOURCE PathPartner Technology Consulting Pvt. Ltd