Image Quality (IQ) Tuning & Benchmarking Solution for a Camera Manufacturer
The image signal processing pipeline plays a key role in achieving the overall image quality of any camera product. However, tuning an image pipeline (and an ISP) for a particular camera system is a challenging task because different lenses and sensors have different characteristics. Moreover, there are no standard image quality metrics and different customers have different preferences for final image quality. Hence, to achieve the best image quality, ISP tuning involves configuring ISP parameters optimally to respond to dynamic lighting conditions so that cameras produce accurate or pleasing images /videos in all lighting conditions.
Our customer was building a consumer-grade tablet that had a high-resolution image sensor from Sony with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon-based processor embedding high-performance Spectra ISP. PathPartner with its expert knowledge and credibility in image quality tuning on various ISPs, helped the customer to achieve the target image quality significantly in comparison with standard high-end camera phones. This case study talks about :
- What were the pre-requisites that were handled before starting the tuning process?
- Which ISP blocks were tuned to achieve the desired output?
- Image quality (IQ) tuning methodology followed including objective and subjective tuning scenarios.
- Key factors considered for IQ evaluation and benchmarking.
- What were the major challenges addressed during the process?
- Key customer benefits delivered.
Download the case study to learn more.