Audio Post-processing Algorithm Integration on Qualcomm XR1 Platform
Android Audio Effects framework provides predefined effects. AudioTrack or MediaPlayer instances can apply an effect using the session id of the player. This document deals with integration of an audio effect into the android framework and a method to offload the effects to DSP on Qualcomm platform.
The client is a global leader in manufacturing Augmented Reality (AR) products and based out of the USA. The client was looking for a partner to develop 3D android audio effect for an AR device and integrate post processing algorithm on Qualcomm XR1 platform and play multiple audio tracks simultaneously through an android application.
For more than 15 years of experience, PathPartner has been involved in delivering the complete solution for digital media products on various platforms including Qualcomm, TI, NXP, Intel, etc.
This case study talks about our journey towards integrating audio post-processing algorithm on Qualcomm XR1 Platform for an AR device.
- Development of Android audio effect
- Integration of audio post-processing algorithm on Qualcomm XR1
- Test automation by using Android explicit intents
- Optimize post-processing components on Qualcomm aDSP
- Provide user playback controls to play either all tracks at a time or individual tracks at a time
from Android application
- Monitoring and profiling CPU, DSP load
- Signing of aDSP dynamic modules
Download the case study now to learn more.