April 24, 2017
PathPartner is a design services and solutions provider, headquartered in Bangalore India & US (Fremont, CA) and sales presence across the world (multiple locations in US, Europe, South Korea and Taiwan).
Winner of NASSCOMM EMERGE 50 – 2010, PathPartner has been a Technology Company with approximately 200+ employees and offering software & hardware design services and licensing of software IP & systems solutions. The company is focused on multimedia centric embedded systems such as Mobile handset, Digital Home, Video Conferencing, Thin Client, Digital Video Surveillance, Machine Vision, Automotive Cision and Automotive Infotainment Pathpartner is specifically focused on niche multimedia technology such as video, audio & imaging and work spans across DSP algorithms, graphics, multimedia frameworks, application frameworks, operating systems (such as Linux, Android, WinCE etc), kernel, board support packages, device drivers and mobile applications. Specific example include camera sensors, 3D Video & Graphics, H.265, Machine Vision algorithms, Natural user Interface, Linux kernel and mobile applications to name a few. The company is deeply engaged into global embedded R&D ecosystem – early member of embedded vision alliance (an alliance of technology companies bringing vision capabilities to machines and devices around us), member of GENIVI (a global automotive infotainment alliance focusing on Linux based infotainment system) and member of Car Connectivity Consortium (a global consortium for integrating smartphones to car dash board) to name a few. The company is actively involved in several in house R&D to cater to emerging technologies and trends.
Customer base includes leading tier-1 semiconductor companies, smartphone and tablet OEMs, Consumer electronics & enterprise OEMs/ODMs and Operating System/Platform vendors across the globe.
Job Code: SR_DD_BSP
Job Location: Bangalore
Position: Device Driver
Education: BE/BS/MTech/MS in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent field)
Job Title: Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead/Senior Technical Lead
Experience: 2-10 years relevant experience
Job Description - Overall Job Summary: Design, Develop, Debug and Support of Device Driver, OS base port on various SoC platforms with various Operating Systems like Linux, Android, or RTOS etc.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities :
- Device driver development on various SoC architectures (Texas Instrument , Qualcomm , Mediatek )
- OS Porting (Base Porting)
- Debug drivers
- Board bring-up
- Analyze and debug Firmware and Hardware problems
- Communicate and Support customers in debugging issues
Skills and Knowledge: Required (Minimum 4 fields below mandatory)
- Strong C programming skills and OS concepts(Mandatory)
- Good understanding of ARM/MIPS/PPC architecture
- Hands on experience on Linux Kernel Internals / Android Kernel internals System-on-Chip architecture understanding
- Schematics Reading
- Serial/Parallel interconnects – RS232, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB, SDIO, PCI/PCIe
- Display- LCD, HDMI, Audio, Graphics, Touch panel
- Camera Drivers CSI MIPI LVDS
- Storage –SATA/ PATA, SD/MMC/eMMC, CF, NAND/NOR
- Connectivity – WLAN/BT, GPS, Ethernet
- Experience in using debugging tools Multi-ICE / JTAG / TRACE32 /OPEN-ICE/LauterBach/Logic analyzers/Protocol analyzers/Oscilloscopes
Desired(Good to have):
- Good C++ and ARM assembly programming skills
- Experience on ARM based multi-core architectures
- Experience on Texas Instruments media SoCs DM81xx, OMAP2/3/4
- Experience on Qualcomm Chipsets/SoCs
- Strong experience in Linux, QNX , VxWorks, SYS-BIOS
- Board bring-up expertise, hardware debugging etc.
- Schematics understanding
- Good in basic multimedia concepts
- Power Management and optimization Boot time optimization
- Good understanding of Compilers